- 2 lbs butternut squash, more or less. Peeled, seeded and cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups home -cooked chickpeas or canned chickpeas,drained
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh coriander
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed to a paste with a sprinkle of salt
- 3 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons water, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
While the squash is cooking, make the tahini sauce. Mix the crushed garlic with the lemon juice and add the tahini. Thin with the water and olive oil and check for seasoning. You should balance between the nutty tahini and lemon.
To assemble the salad, place the squash, chickpeas, red onion and coriander in a mixing bowl. Pour on the tahini sauce and remaining oil and toss gently.
Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or room temperature.